Who Was Tyre Nichols? What We Know About His death, Arrest By Memphis Police

 The “appalling,” and “heinous,” death of Tyre Nichols in Memphis has caused shockwaves across the whole nation and sparked calls for widespread protests against police brutality.

5 officers have been charged with murdering the 29-year-old Tyre Nicholas by allegedly beating him during a traffic stop earlier this month of January 2023 — a shocking crime that the city’s horrified top cop described Friday as involving “acts that defy humanity.’’

For Watching Video Click On the Picture 👆

Tyre's family pleaded for peaceful protests ahead of the release of bodycam video of the incident Friday evening, as protesters in Memphis, New York, Los Angeles and many other areas across the whole country prepared to take to the streets.

Nichols’ mother also broke down as It was said by her in a press conference, “He always said he was gonna be famous one day — I didn’t know this was what he meant.’’

Here is what we know so far about the victim:

“A mamma’s boy’’

Tyre Nichols Dead was the youngest of 4 children — and so devoted to his mother that he had a tattoo and with that tattoo it was written her mom name on his arm.

“That made me proud. Most kids don’t put their mom’s name,’’ his mother, RowVaughn Wells, told to a News Channel.

She recalled how her beloved boy — who left behind a Four-year-old son — would loudly announce his presence when he walked through the door of the home where he lived with her and her husband, Nichols’ stepfather, who he considered his dad.

“And I’ll never hear that again,” It was said by shattered mom.

She lovingly called her son “a mamma’s boy,’’ indicating it was no surprise that in his darkest hour — as the life was being beaten out of him — he cried out for her.

“He was trying to get home to safety,’’ Wells said.

“He was a good boy,’’ she said. “No one’s perfect, but he was damn near.’’

Struggles with health

Tyre Nichols was tall — around 6’3” — but Instead of that he was thin because of a battle with Crohn’s disease, it was waid by his family. 

At the time of his death he weighed about 150 pounds, said by his mother Friday — as she noted the size of the officers accused of killing him.

“Those men, if you combine their weight, it was over a thousand pounds, beating and beating a 150-pound person to death. Because that’s what they did, beat my son to death,’’ Wells said.

Love of the outdoors

Nichols reveled in spending time taking photos of nature.

“My name is Tyre D. Nichols. I am an aspiring photographer. Well I most do this stuff for fun but i enjoy it very much,’’ he wrote in an online posting.

“It expresses me in ways I cannot write down for people,’’ Nichols said.

“My vision is to bring my viewers deep into what i am seeing. … I hope to one day let people see what i see and to hopefully admire my work based on the quality and ideals of my work,” he added, signing off with “Your friend.’’

His grieving mother said, “My son every night wanted to go and look at the sunset, that was his passion.”

‘Free spirit’

Tyre Nichols broke the mold in many ways, said by  family and friends. 

He lived in Sacramento, Calif., before moving to Memphis, and The Golden State influenced his love of skateboarding. He favored the local Shelby Park Farms.

“He was his own person and didn’t care if he didn’t fit into what a traditional black man was supposed to be in California — he had such a free spirit, and skating gave him his wings,” a longtime friend, Angelina Paxton, told the Commercial Appeal.

His mom said Friday there was no use arguing with her son to try perhaps more conventional hobbies.

“I tried to buy him a pair of Air Jordans [basketball sneakers] one time, and he said, ‘Oh, Mama, I don’t want those,’ ” Wells recalled.

Some of Nichols’ mourning friends wore “Skate in Peace’’ t-shirts to a recent memorial for him.

His stepdad, Rodney Wells, told the New York Times News Platform that he recently told Nichols, “You’ve got to put that skateboard down. 

“You’ve got a full-time job now.”

But Paxton and others called Nichols “a free spirit.’’

“Look at me now, I’ve never been happier,’’ Nichols told Paxton in recent months, she said.

“I don’t know if this was the right decision [moving to Memphis], I just know that this is where I was called to,’’ Nichols said at the time. “All you can do is go where you’re called to. Call it God, call it the universe, call it what you want — there is a plan for you and you just go, you don’t have to question it.”

On the right path

Tyre Nichols had been working at FedEx for about 9 months before his death.

He would spend Sundays doing his laundry and getting ready for the work week, said by his mom. 

“We are deeply saddened by the tragic loss of our team member,” It was  said by FedEx where Nicholas used  to work for 9 months. 

Nichols toiled on the afternoon and evening shift, taking his break around 7 p.m. every day to go home for dinner, said by Times.

His favorite meal: Mom’s chicken with sesame seeds, said by his mother.

“My son was a beautiful soul,” His Mother said.

Being an Owner of World Info we also Sad. We Pray to God May e R. I. P. 

No comments