A Woman Dies In House Fire Sparked By Artificial Christmas Tree In California US

  Early Christmas Morning a Woman in California USA died in a heartbreaking house fire sparked by an artificial Christmas tree.

Victim Name was Destiny Abdrazack, 22, And She was celebrating Christmas Eve with her fiancé’s family in their North Highlands home and Suddenly an electrical short from the tree ignited a roaring fire around 2 a.m. Sunday December 25. 

Abdrazack yelled that there were flames and heat, awakening the 5 others in the home, which didn’t have working smoke alarms, according to her fiancé’s father Ernest Isom.

“She was the one who yelled fire, and that’s the sad part,” Isom told to the News Channel reporter that the woman who was to be his future daughter-in-law. “She saved our lives.” and save others from fire. 

Destiny Abdrazack was pulled out of the burning building by the firefighters and saved her, but later she died at an area hospital.

The 5 others in the home — Isom, his wife, son and 2 other adults — survived.

Isom said the whole family had fallen asleep without turning off the Christmas tree lights and a short circuit was the main cause of fire.

“Unfortunately, they wanted to keep the lights on until the last minute and all family members happened to fall asleep and we had an instant, seconds to get out,” he told the station. “It was fast, and that’s how quick it went. I’m talking minutes.”

2 family dogs also died in the severe fire and the home was destroyed.

It was told to the local News station by the Neighbors that they woke up to a loud sound and looked out the window to see flames shooting out of the home.

“You could see the flickering light on the tree and that’s kind of like the telltale sign of a fire,” Richard Byers said.

He ran out of his house and grabbed a fire extinguisher while another neighbor used a garden house to try to put out the inferno to no avail.

“The fire just came right back,” Byers said. “It was too intense, moving too fast.”

His wife, Brandy Byers said when they came out of their home 3 doors down they saw Isom’s family standing outside shouting for help.

“They were screaming, ‘Destiny! There’s someone inside! There’s someone inside!” Brandy Byers told to News Agency. “There [was] nothing any of us could do.”

Firefighters rescued Destiny Abdrazack from the living room of the home and she was taken to an area hospital in critical condition.

No comments